Te Korowai Hauora o Hauraki Vacancies
Te Korowai Hauora is a holistic Kaupapa Maori Health organisation, providing a range of services to the Hauraki rōhe. We employ passionate, professional staff to fit with our friendly team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community focussed individuals to support this kaupapa. Due to a growth in client numbers, we have an exciting new opportunity for an:
Tamariki Ora / Well Child Registered Nurse
8 hours per week (1 day) plus Casual relief
Mobile role covering Thames and Hauraki Plains area
As the Tamariki Ora / Well Child Registered Nurse you will responsible for supporting families / whānau / caregivers in maximising their child’s development potential and health status between the ages of 0-5 years, establishing a foundation for ongoing healthy development and contributing to the reduction of health inequalities for Māori children and young people.
This role will be varied and fast paced so you must have strong attention to detail and above all else, the ability to engage with different people – if you are a people person with a strong commitment to working in partnership with families / whānau providing ongoing support and education, identifying strengths and needs and advocating as required then this is the role for you.
You will be working autonomously but part of a multi-disciplinary team; as part of a job share with an existing Tamariki Ora / Well Child Registered Nurse. This role is mobile and covers clients Thames and Hauraki Plains areas, therefore requiring you to be proactive and good at self-directed work.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A current APC and Tamariki Ora / Well Child qualification or relevant experience.
- The ability to work in New Zealand – we need someone as soon as possible.
- The ability to be innovative and creative in thinking through issues and problems as they arise, show us some initiative.
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of people, with a smile on your face.
- Effective communication skills, with excellent written and oral communication skills, again with that smile on your face.
- Highly effective planning and organisational skills; including time and workflow management – you will be a multi-tasker who works well under pressure.
- A focus on getting the details right, attention to detail is of utmost importance.
- Computer literate, accuracy is vital.
- Flexible, energetic and proactive with a positive attitude, you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and get involved.
We’re not looking for a superhero Nurse but something pretty close would be good. Applicants must also be willing to actively upskill their cultural knowledge. In return for your outstanding skills and expertise we offer a supportive and professional working environment with regular professional development opportunities and a strong focus on our core values of Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga and Kotahitanga.
To succeed in this appointment you must have a commitment to improving the health of the Hauraki rohe. Te Korowai Hauora o Hauraki is a smokefree organisation and an equal opportunity employer seeking to appoint the most suitable person for this position.
To apply for this position, please see www.korowai.co.nz and complete the application process, uploading a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close 11th January 2019
Click Here for Position Description
Click Here to apply online
For more details contact:
Telephone 07 868 0825