Te Korowai Hauora o Hauraki Vacancies
Te Korowai Hauora is a holistic Kaupapa Maori Health organisation, providing a range of services to the Hauraki rōhe. We employ passionate, professional staff to fit with our friendly team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community focussed individuals to support this kaupapa. We have an exciting new opportunity for:
30 hours per week, 0.75FTE
As a Project Energizer you will be responsible for the provision of high quality delivery of the Project Energize programme to a total of nine schools in the Peninsula North and Peninsula Central clusters. The role is also responsible for timely reporting of the programme to funders, and actively working with internal and external stakeholders promoting the programme and organisation.
This role is fast paced and action packed so you must be prepared to have fun while being highly organised with strong attention to detail. Ideally you will have relevant experience or a relevant qualification. You will be working autonomously but part of a wider public and community services team and Sport Waikato team so will need to be a proactive self-starter, able to prioritise and meet deadlines. As this role is mobile the base location can be agreed with the successful applicant, with a requirement for regular communication with your team and team leader / Manager, and to attend regular team meetings.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Passion for working alongside and achieving better health outcomes for Rangatahi
- Previous school teaching and PE experience an advantage
- The ability to confidently use Te Reo as this role will be working closely with Kura Kaupapa
- The ability to work in New Zealand – we need someone as soon as possible
- The ability to be innovative and creative in thinking through issues and problems as they arise, show us some initiative
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of people, with a smile on your face
- Effective communication skills, with excellent written and oral communication skills, again with that smile on your face
- Highly effective planning and organisational skills; including time and workflow management – you will be a multi-tasker who works well under pressure;
- A focus on getting the details right, attention to detail is of utmost importance
- Computer literate, accuracy is vital
- Flexible, energetic and proactive with a positive attitude, you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and get involved
- A full, current driver licence is essential as there is travel involved and a vehicle provided for work purposes.
We’re not looking for a superhero but something pretty close would be good. Applicants must also be willing to actively upskill their cultural knowledge. In return for your outstanding skills and expertise we offer a supportive and professional working environment with regular professional development opportunities and a strong focus on our core values of Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga and Kotahitanga.
To succeed in this appointment you must have a commitment to improving the health of the Hauraki rohe. Te Korowai Hauora o Hauraki is a smokefree organisation and an equal opportunity employer seeking to appoint the most suitable person for this position.
To apply for this position please complete the application process, uploading a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close 18th June 2018
Click Here for Project Energizer Position Description
Click Here to apply online
For more details contact:
Telephone 07 868 0805