Te Korowai Hauora o Hauraki Vacancies
Te Korowai Hauora is a holistic kaupapa Māori Health organisation, providing a range of services to people in the Hauraki rohe. We employ passionate, professional staff to fit with our whānau team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community focussed individuals to support this kaupapa, and currently have an exciting new opportunity:
Alcohol and Other Drug Clinician
We are seeking a motivated comprehensive registered nurse/social worker to join our Mental Health and Addictions Team as a AOD Clinician. This role is a permanent full time position delivered Monday to Friday, based in any of our clinics or offices in the Hauraki with the need to regularly travel to Thames for hui. This role is mobile so willingness to travel is a must.
As a focused, highly organised, and a self-motivated Clinician, you will be required to plan, develop, and deliver an innovative service focussing on recovery, resilience, character building, healthy lifestyles, education, advocacy and support.
You will build and maintain relationships, and be required to work closely with clients.
The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm into this role, will be service oriented, possess exceptional people skills and be passionate about providing quality programs and support for youth.
Experience in the field of addictions and mental health is essential for this role.
To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate the following:
• Full registration to a professional body
• Current Annual Practicing Certificate
• Full, clean drivers license
• Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated knowledge of a range of therapeutic approaches to support individuals with substance abuse problems
• Demonstrated interpersonal/communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective networks and relationships
• Proven time management skills and exceptional organisational skills.
• Clearance to work with vulnerable children
• Understanding of Te Reo me ona Tikanga or a real willingness to learn.
• Connection to local Hapu or Iwi
• Good understanding/working knowledge of local communities
We’re not looking for a superhero but something pretty close would be good; we need someone who can fit within our high performing team and show us their expertise.
Applicants must also be willing to actively upskill their cultural knowledge.In return for your outstanding skills and expertise we offer a supportive and professional working environment with regular professional development opportunities and a strong focus on our core values of Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga and Kotahitanga.
To succeed in this appointment you must have a commitment to improving the health of the Hauraki rohe. Te Korowai is an equal opportunity employer seeking to appoint the most suitable person for this position.
If you feel you have the star qualities and experience, and you are interested in finding out more information on this position, please follow the application process
Applications close will be reviewed as they come through. Closing date 13th June 2019
Click Here for Position Description
Click Here for Application form
To apply for this position, complete the application form attached with a copy of your CV and Cover letter and email through to Emma-Jane Keretene-Tonga email@example.com.